Thursday, March 8, 2012

The Secret Set


I volunteered to do a Thursday set at 3:00PM and what a lucky guy I am!  I never thought when I asked Ntropy if I could jump in before her that she would tell me of Ob’s and her plan for a night of “Secret Sets.”  Brilliant!  It’s a guess the theme - dig deeper - and find the source of what it all means kind of night. 

Every song and artist has an origin, a deeper connection – put them all together and what you have is a meaning - make people have to guess that meaning and what you have is downright FUN!  Love this stuff. 

It just so happens I had a set already put together that fit the bill perfectly.  A whole theme that is personal to me yet can be deciphered well with a little google jumpin and/or a completely nerdy understanding of the one thing that connects an obscure, and not so obscure, mix of tunes. 

I will start vague, build up slowly, try to confuse, and practically give it to you towards the end.  I wonder who will guess first. I might just have a prize for the winner!

Come on by and let me get you warmed up for an exceptional evening with Ntropy and Ob's.




No comments:

Post a Comment