Saturday, March 24, 2012

You're now tuned in to the mutha f***in' greatest! (or at least the not so half-badest)

Hey Velveteens!

Just a quick little blog post to say hi, hello, and how are you!

I'm Ginger and I'm one of your newest DJ's. I will be taking the Saturday 11slt slot after the wonderful Frequency Picnic. I do hope you'll come and join me as we set sail on a musical journey...ok that's all a bunch of wishy washy crap. I don't sail...I have but that's besides the point.

The point IS...I'm playing music, music you might want to hear! Music you may know, music you may love, kinda like, or wish I'd stop playing. Or maybe I play something you've never heard of and really want to hear more of. Who knows. All I know is that we will NOT know if you don't come to my set.

For a brief example of what you may hear, a list of some of my top listened to bands:

Sleigh Bells
Miike Snow
Cut Copy
Passion Pit
Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros
Kanye West
Jay Z
Adele
Die Antwoord
LCD Soundsystem
Random Rab
The Heavy
Fitz and the Tantrums
Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings
Youth Lagoon
White Rabbits
Of Montreal

Ok I could go on...but that's a good start.

So...Today (Saturday March 24, 2012) is my OFFICIAL debut at the Velvet at 11:00 am SLT and I do hope you can join me. I'll do whatever I can to make your stay at my set as enjoyable as possible. Suggestions always welcome, requests occasionally considered.

See y'all soon!!


No comments:

Post a Comment