Monday, April 9, 2012

New DJ: Oscar the Cat


This is Oscar overseeing his set at The Velvet.

I had to stop leaving my iPod in the speaker dock because my cat would not leave it alone. A music lover, he would head butt and push his nose on the touch wheel and flip forward from one song to the next until he found a song he likes and then sit by the speaker, listening to it play. And then start all over again. What made it entertaining is that he has such strong musical likes and dislikes. I left a Ben Webster playlist queued up and he did nothing but fast forward as he found nothing he liked. I enjoy his musical choices most of the time. After all, I did put the music on the iPod, but frankly no music is wonderful when it comes on abruptly at 4:00 or 5:00, so he lost his iPod privileges.

However, just for fun and because I know he will like it, I decided to make a set with some of his favorite songs and artists. It will probably be the most cohesive set I ever play because he has a narrower range of music likes than I do - or perhaps I took the iPod away too soon for him to have a chance to branch out. I hope you can come by The Velvet tonight from 5 to 7 and get a taste of Oscar's musical choices.

No comments:

Post a Comment