Saturday, April 14, 2012

Saturday At the Velvet, 1-3 PM


I am still wiping my eyes and blowing my nose after watching that video Lolo posted. Thank you for picking out my next book, Lolo – Sacks’ Musicophilia has been sitting on my shelf.

I can’t promise my set today will heal you, but then again, who knows? I know putting it together was good for me, so I’m looking forward to sharing it with you.

Highlights: Some gypsies, some Byrds and early British rock/psychedelia, just a little more 70’s R&B (because I can’t resist Shuggie Otis), some roots rock-n-roll including the original version of “Susie Q”. In the category of recent releases: more Alcest and Cate le Bon because I love them; Bears; Damien Jurado. I would have included something from Of Montreal’s new album, but – oops! – I was seduced by a track off their previous one. So new Of Montreal is for next week (and whoever gets there first).

See you at The Velvet, 1-3 today!


To make up for my slip, here is a track from Paralytic Stalks, new from Of Montreal:



No comments:

Post a Comment