Monday, April 23, 2012

Nostalgia


 My dad was a banjo picker. He played and sang for a local band that performed at barn dances around the neighboring counties. Growing up, I loved those cold winter nights when we were snowed in and the power was out because it was nearly a guarantee that Dad would get out his banjo and play for a few hours. Mostly he played a mix of Swedish folk songs, traditional ballads and bluegrass. He gave me a lifelong love of banjo. Not just me, my nephew came to love the banjo so much he began making his own. I was listening to some bluegrass this weekend and thought I might pull together a set of favorites. My set is tonight - Monday the 23rd from 5 to 7 PM SLT. I know bluegrass and banjo is not the usual fare, but great music is great music.

No comments:

Post a Comment