Saturday, May 5, 2012

Come share some spring energy with me


I’m back! After two weeks off for work trips. I was so busy that I didn’t get to collect much new music. But I had to drive a heck of a lot, so I got to listen to a ton of music in the car. The main thing I was tripping out on as I climbed and dipped through the mountains and farmlands of Maryland and Pennsylavnia? Lots of STONES. So I’ll play three of my favorite Stones songs (three of my several dozen favorite, anyway) in a mini-set.

There will be a kinda long ‘river’ segment. Which for me is about this astounding trip on the river of life, and also about being washed clean. So come get washed clean.

To top off all the good spring energy, it’s Cinco de Mayo. We’ll hear some Ozomatli, another track from Mati Zundel’s new release, some fiddle music from Gu-Achi of the Tohono O'odham people of southern Arizona, Brave Combo and Los Lobos.

I did grab one new release: some indie rap, "Zero Dark Thirty"by Aesop Rock. It's good enough to make me eager to hear the rest of the album, Skelethon.

As it happens, I have given you an overview of my set completely in reverese.

See you at 1 SLT!  I missed you.


No comments:

Post a Comment