Saturday, July 21, 2012

New Velvet Dreams

The Velvet clubwarming weekend is here and tonight I’m going to play various things that just make me happy, work wonders for my energy levels, touch me, and make me think of other special days in my life.

I also just want to say that the Velvet was the first club I went to after a long time away from SL. And I wanted to stay, even though it was obviously troubled at the time. With the club coming back to life with Maht as the manager, I found myself thinking of it as my SL home more and more often... Over this time, he showed me a lot of trust, not least of all by inviting me to become an assistant manager, and I genuinely appreciate that. Knowing that someone has faith in you is simply priceless. Yes, the Velvet is a true SL home to me: one I want to flourish, grow, and remain as musically inspiring and intellectually stimulating as it is now.

Finally, I want to thank my dear friends Dammi, Belle, Lux, and Kanjena for supporting me in my Velvet endeavors, either through advice, creative collaborations, being there for me whenever I felt disheartened, and many other ways.

David Bowie - "Outside"


No comments:

Post a Comment