Thursday, July 18, 2013

Mid-Year Album Picks from Lucy

"Savages - I am Here
Ok, so this is derivative, and very Siouxsie, but it's done so stylishly, so darn well that it keeps knocking my little black socks off. Faultless really.

Lebanon Hanover - Why Not Just Be Solo
Slight cheat as this was released in 2012 but I seem to recall late 2012. I don't care anyhow as it's a marvel of introspective, angsty, nihilism. 'Sadness is Rebellion' as their strapline goes and LH are rebelling against everything with thundering bass, staccato drums and discordant guitars guaranteed to raise the hairs on your neck. I adore it :)

Editors - The Weight of Your Love
Hmm, edges in here due to the first three tracks being absolutely storming. The jury's out on the remainder but the Bunnymen-esque start really is that good that I'll forgive the remaining tracks pretty much anything."

No comments:

Post a Comment