Thursday, March 15, 2012


Here’s Looking at Ya!

We’re entering a weekend that's probably going to be the drinkin’est one of the year with St. Patrick’s Day falling on a Saturday—which got me to thinking.

I’ve done sets about food, about monkeys, about cars, about Groundhog Day. Why not a set expressly devoted to booze?

So that’s what I’m going to do for my slot, 7-9 on St. Patrick’s Day Eve. Two hours of songs about liquor and all the joy and pain and laughter and sorrow connected with this time-honored human activity.

You’ll be hearing from such Usual Suspects as Tom Waits, Mojo Nixon, the Dropkick Murphys, and the Dead Kennedys (you know the one), but I’ve also gone back and found some great old gems with titles like “I Ain’t Drunk,” “Beer Drinking Daddy,” “Booze Party,” “Beer Ain’t Drinkin’,” “Whiskey Heaven,” and “Lookin’ Better Every Beer.”

In honor of the occasion, I intend to break my personal rule of “no drinking while DJ’ing,” and tipple just a wee bit meself. After all, to abstain while playing two hours of tunes about booze on the eve of St. Pattie’s Day would be wrong. Just plain wrong.

--Moby Tenenbaum

1 comment:

  1. Awesome, Moby! You never cease to amaze.

    I never knew you had a "rule." I love a good committing purpose..and when I am at your sets I vow to join you in this abstinence. But, after the last song...look out.

    ReplyDelete