Thursday, March 22, 2012

Miscellany, Cherry Blossoms, and Pop Will Eat Itself


This is my first foray into randomness with a set.  Thus far I have stuck to the safety net of hiding behind a theme.  Themes are easier - well - for me at least.  But today I give it the ultimate tell-all of miscellany.

Not to say I didn’t cheat.  I poached one band from the greatness of Lux.  And, Ginger laid a whammy (whammie?) on me last night with a new band that I am stoked on and gonna throw them in as well.

Oh, and I did sort of sneak in a mini-theme - if you will.  Music is seasonal for me and my mood does change. Here in D.C. the cherry blossoms are blooming and I feel the layers of winter skin start to loosen.  So, a little respect is paid to Japan in giving us the gift of Cherry Blossoms exactly 100 years ago.  It is, for us in D.C., the greatest reminder of hope in that everything is reborn again - that, if nature is a cycle, why not us?

And for some odd reason, still to be discovered, I opened up my old PWEI albums.  Nostalgia is blooming as well!

At The Velvet today from 3:00PM-5:00PM – kicking off a full evening of Velvet fun with Ntropy and Obs to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment