Monday, March 19, 2012

There Will Be Dancing

I generally have three to five playlists in development as I listen to music and when I hear a song that makes me think "oh yes, I want to play that one for folks" I will drop it in the list where it seems most l likely to get along with its neighbors. Tonight's playlist is one that's been percolating for weeks as I have dropped in a song here and there. It's full of rhythms from South America - tangos, mambos and sambas with a bit of other music stirred into the pot for some seasoning. From Zucchero and Ismael Lo to Sergio Mendes and YoYo Ma, the only certain thing is there will be dancing. My set is from 5 to 7 P<.M. SLT - hope you can be there.



p.s. Congratulations to Maht for his 4 year engagement at The Velvet. Surely he as tenure by now and it will be a lifetime appointment, I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment