Monday, February 6, 2012

People were asking me for my playlist from last week (last week...2 weeks ago?  Time has been less than meaningful lately) but I was all sickly and didn't remember, but now I have so here it is!

Beatles Covers by Minnesota/Wisconsin Bands:


Soul Asylum - Good Morning Good Morning
Cloud Cult - Help
Casablanca Orchestra - Drive my Car/The Word/What You're Doing to Me
Lookbook - Real Love
The 4onthefloor - Why Don't We Do It in the Road
Nicholas Mrozinski - Across The Universe
Edison High - I want to Hold Your Hand
Mark Mallman - The Fool On the Hill
Heatbox - Octopus's Garden
Romantica - Something
Cory Chisel & Wandering Sons - Fixing a Hole (Humans Win! Remix)
The Honeydogs - Dear Prudence
Rogue Valley - And Your Bird Can Sing
The Arms Akimbo - You Won't See Me
Dark Dark Dark and Her Choir - Long Long Long
Pachyderm All-Stars - Eleanor Rigby
Jeremy Messersmith & Zach Coulter - Norwegian Wood
Pert' Near Sandstone - I am the Walrus
White Light Riot - Hey Bulldog
Tim Mahoney - We Can Work it Out
A Night in the Box - Happiness is a Warm Gun
Meat Puppets (feat. Alison Scott) - Tomorrow Never Knows
Lucy Michelle & The Velvet Lapelles - Sexy Sadie
Total Babe - Revolution
Solid Gold - Love You To
Motion City Soundtrack - Here Comes the Sun
Mason Jennings - Child of Nature
Communist Daughter - Golden Slumbers
Piston Whippin' Party Penguins - I've Just Seen a Face
Roma di Luna - I will
Charlie Parr - Rocky Racoon (feat. Nicholas Mrozinski)
P.O.S. - Dear Boy
Ice Palace - Strawberry Fields Forever
Dave Simonett & Friends - Two of Us
The Fiddle Heirs - I've Got a Feeling
Tapes 'n Tapes - I Want You (She's So Heavy)
The New Standards - Michelle
Me and My Arrow - Don't Let Me Down
Curtis A's Orchestra - Good Night

You will find these and other great covers on The Minnesota Beatle Project, volumes I, II, and III. The proceeds from these albums go toward procuring band instruments for young kids who can't afford them.


No comments:

Post a Comment