Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Valentines Day

It wasn't supposed to be like this. I was supposed to get a bottle of vodka and drink heavily yesterday while I did my set.

You see, it's been about six months since my fiancee left my life and never came back. Just like that, six years of ups and downs, a house, a dog, a cat, etc, all just wiped out. On July 4th we were watching a baseball game in the stadium. I bought her a complete set of Josh Hamilton gear. On August 4th she was behaving like I was the worst person in the world.

Anyways, I got ready to play 2 hours of heartbreak and pain, and my heart just wasn't really in it. Which is funny because I had been plotting this for like a month.

I joined the Velvet staff to try and deal with my loneliness and my circumstances. Make friends, talk about music, etc. And so I found out that I just couldn't muster the grief and anguish to make the set as good as it could have been.

I had a post all lined up for this laying out just how shitty I've had it. But then a funny thing happened.

I met someone a week ago. She's gorgeous, incredibly shy, giggles a lot when I talk to her on the phone....things aren't going to be easy, but I think she likes me, and I'm willing to give it a shot.


Happy Valentines Day.








No comments:

Post a Comment